Sunday, May 08, 2011

Food for Thought - An Ecumenical Event - Another Pub Quiz Win!

For the second Sunday running I was the only member of the family to attend the Sunday morning service at All Saints. I needed to, however, as I was giving the reading and also as part of my Lay Worship Leader's training was tasked with undertaking a service critique as part of my homework. Cynthia led the service which was not as well attended as normal - partly because of the Food for Thought (FFT) service this afternoon and partly because there is a major scouting event going on in the north of the county which involves quite a few children and their parents. Back home I finalised a few details for the FFT service and we all sat down to a Sunday roast pork meal with pink champange to celebrate Saint's promotion. I did manage to quickly mow the rear lawn (wiull try and do the others tomorrow if time and weather permit). This afternoon I led the FFT service which was well attended (at least 60) by members of all the churches. I think it went down well although it was a little longer than antipated and in hindsight we could have cut out one of the talks in the middle. The bring and share food went down well and I think most people enjoyed it. However, I was quite tired afterwards and think this is the last one I'll be planning. Hopefully, my time, as from next month, will be taken up with the preparation for full ministry training. I had a quite hour or so on my own in the bedroom afterwards where I watched an interesting documentary on the history of the Orthodox Church and also wa sable to speak to Mum on the phone for a short while. Adam and I then went to the Lion's Head to join James and Richard as part of a pub quiz team "Papaya Salad". Klynn, Jeremy, Tim and Jo made up another team. Surprise surprise, we won again (by just one point) despite having an incredibly difficult and bizarre round where we had to match the breed of pig with their pictures! A very long, tiring but satisfying day. Another busy day tomorrow - work, tennis and a reunion with Natasha in Swindon.

No comments:

Post a Comment