Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Busy Afternoon in the Office

Building work begun in earnest today with the arrival of blocks and bricks as well as cement.  The footings were concreted and preparations begun for the insertion of a steel girder to support the new upper structure.  The Building Regulations Inspector arrived from Wiltshire Council and seemed satisfied with the work so far.  I attended Morning Prayer, breakfast and Mid-Week Eucharist this morning whilst Sara worked at Morning Star.  In fact, this morning, Dave and Colin from Morning Star were attending to the garden and bank of our elderly neighbour across the road and I made them coffee at the same time as our builders.  I spent much of this afternoon at work in the study, first of all completing my homework for tonight's study session at Sarum College as well as talking to clients in respect of four new matters which came in today.  I also received my formal letter from the Diocese inviting me to attend the Licensed Lay Minister's Selection Conference on 11th June.  I had to complete and return a formal Declaration which I did.  I also completed the forms for my appointment at Alabare.  I went for a short (4 miles) cycle ride in Bentley Wood as I needed a bit of exercise after spending so much time today sitting down either at church, in meetings or in my study.  Tonight I attended the fourth session of the Lay Worship Leaders' Training Course at Sarum College.  Quite a long session about the church's liturgical year and calendar.  Interesting stuff including a group exercise to design a fresh service, which meant we didn't finish tonight until 9.45 p.m.  Back home I watched the final part of the film  Tightrope which wasn't quite the cliffhanger I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment