Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Liturgy

Off early this morning to Whaddon to join the Clergy Team in Daily Morning Prayer and afterwards the Mid-Week Eucharist.  As Elizabeth is currently away there was no breakfast but Jane brought coffee in a flask for us.  Met a very pleasant elderly gentleman from Whaddon who chatted to me both before and after the service which was a very good experience.  Afterwards I drove to Tesco's and Staples for some shopping and also to have a belated breakfast of a bacon roll and coffee.  This afternoon, Sophie came over with her two youngest children and we spent an hour on the tennis court.  Her tennis is much improving - the danger of teaching somebody to play tennis is that eventually they get better than the teacher!  Found myself running around the court a bit more today but that must, at least, help keep me fit and keep my weight down.  This evening I attended Sarum College for the third session in the Lay Worship Leaders' course - this time on the subject of the structure of worship services within the Church of England.  The session was most instructive and I learned quite a few things.  Richard, Sophie and I called in at the Lord Nelson this evening where Sara was just finishing a briefing session for her Calendar Girls.  We had a beer and a chat with Roger.  It was also good to see some of Sara's former colleagues from FP there who are also taking part in the Calendar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment