Saturday, May 21, 2011

Running

Big day for Mary today - she competed in the mini-marathon - that annual event when all the primary schools in the Salisbury area meet up for 2300 metres runs.  Mary came 121st out of a 285 runners in the Girls Under-11s and about third out of the sixteen or so runners from Winterslow School - so well done her!  If I had been competing I doubt I would have made 230 metres let alone 2,300!  She seemed to enjoy it and although last year she came 81st, the race was shorter and there were less competitors so she has acquitted herself well.  Although I wasn't running, I felt quite exhausted just watching her and, I must confess, had quite a lazy afternoon watching the film "Porridge" and despite having seen it many times before still enjoyed it and think it is a piece of poor genius in its writing.  Ronnie Barker was certainly a very talented comedian. The film is based on an escape attempt and Fletcher and Godbar's "breaking in" to the prison to get back.   This evening I cooked a BBQ for us not realising that I was supposed to be attending a BBQ party tonight at Klynn's to welcome a number of German trainee pastors who were over here to study and explore the Fresh Expressions initiative.  Apparently I was missed as I would normally give apologies if I couldn't attend.  It simply slipped my mind - either a first sign of dementia or the fact I have so much on my mind at the moment or simply that I was feeling tired.  Sara and I watched the first part of the very sinister movie, Tightrope, starring Clint Eastwood.  Battling to stay awake I decided to watch the climax of the film another day - so please don't tell me how it ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment