Monday, July 12, 2010

Amateur Dramatics

I didn't sleep particularly well last night - it being very hot and sticky, and so I went downstairs to watch the Essex v Somerset Twenty/20 cricket match with Somerset winning by 6 wickets with 5 balls in hand. This morning I woke early but stayed in bed a while to read and drink tea brought up by Sara. I spent most of this morning tidying and cleaning the hall and landing until we had a client come and visit us at around 1.30 p.m. to discuss a couple of issues relating to staff. She stayed with us until 3 p.m. when I went to the Mercedes garage to see hoe to pair up the phone list in my BlackBerry with my new car's hand's free facility. This proved to be quite simple - we had already done it on Saturday but Blackberry's show surname's first so the reason I couldn't find Sara's number was because it was listed under "B" for Barratt and not "S" for Sara! Still, I got a decent free cup of coffee out of the visit. On my return Sara, Mary and I went up to the Junior Church Mobile where Mary went through her steps for the ballet examination tomorrow. Tonight Sara has another Vie party in Harnham and I went to see an amateur dramatics production of Old Father Time put on by the junior drama group. Mary played a mermaid and a sprite - both small speaking parts. It was quite amusing with some mistakes and long pauses but they all enjoyed themselves and it was great for them to put on a production for their parents and family. Not a BAFTA nomination but it does give them great confidence and Mary clearly enjoyed it. Good for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment