Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A visit to Epworth and Fish & Chips

Awoke at 7.30 a.m., read my devotionals and made a cup of tea. Mum was already up and dressed when I came down to make tea at 8.00 a.m. I showered and we had a breast of poached egg. I wrote up my blog for yesterday and then set off for Epworth for my lunchtime meeting with the other Sara. We met in a little cafĂ© at the back of the Red Lion and exchanged news. I was brought up to date on what was happening in my old company and I told her that there was very much life afterwards! I returned to Cleethorpes via Gainsborough (I am getting a little bored with the M180/A180) but found that there had been a problem with the level crossing at Holton-le-Moor and so had to divert via Normanby Top – the highest point in Lincolnshire! I eventually rejoined the A46 at Caistor and after stopping at Morrisons’ for fuel and flowers for Mim arrived at Aunt Mim’s at around 3.45 p.m. Harry J was there too and I spent a very pleasant hour or so with them. I called in a MacDonald’s for a soft drink so that I could go on the Internet and post my latest blogs. The Wi-Fi was very slow and although I could post the text on my blog site it seemed to be impossible to get picture on too. They will have to go on later. I bought fish and chips for us from the Ocean Fish Restaurant in St. Peter’s Avenue, Cleethorpes and after this fish supper I went round the neighbours to cut Mum’s hedge. Compared to our massive hedges at home this was a relatively painless affair. Tonight I started packing up things in the car for our trip to Sandringham tomorrow. Mum says we need to leave at 7.00 a.m. to get a good parking spot. It seems we will be there until about 5 p.m. tomorrow afternoon. A long day ahead beckons. An early night tonight therefore as I have the long drive back to Wiltshire on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment