Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A day in the office

It was very warm in the night and I found it difficult to get to sleep despite fresh bed clothes. I got up at 2.00 a.m. and watched some old war documentaries until 3 a.m., returned to bed but still didn't doze off until 4 a.m. My alarm clock went off at 6 a.m. which briefly woke me but I then dozed back off until I finally awoke at 7.45 a.m. So in all, I had about three hours' sleep last night. Fortunately I didn't have any plans to go anywhere today and I spent most of the day dealing with work issues in the study. I posted our information on another free publicity site which has now placed Complex Services Limited at the top of any Google hit. I also sent out some "flyers" to old clients and contacts and prepared and sent out a fee note to one of our clients. I will send some more flyers out tomorrow. Richard and I went off to play 9 holes of golf at Wilton this evening at 5 p.m. The course was very busy when we arrived and we had to wait to tee off. My golf over the first four holes was abysmal - which I put down to having spent so long at my laptop today. However by the fifth hole my golf had recovered and I hit a few good shots. It just goes to show how quickly one can get out of practice. We ended up having a couple of pints in the Lord Nelson. The pub was very quiet although there were a few in the bar playing a darts match. No food seemed to be prepared or served.

No comments:

Post a Comment