Sunday, July 11, 2010

Viva Espania!

We all went to the 9.30 a.m. Eucharist this morning which was being led by Jane - her first Eucharist at Winterslow since she was priested last week. We had a good attendance with her family also attending in full numbers. Sara led the Junior Church this morning where the children continue to work on their stained glass window. This afternoon there was a Food for Thought picnic at Fordingbridge but as we had relatively late notice of this event we did not attend as I had already promised to take the children out either skating or bowling. They chose bowling so after a barbecue style lunch (cooked in the oven for speed) we drove in my new car to Southampton and the Megabowl at Millbrook. I won with a score of 107 (helped by a strike with my first ball), Tom go 75 and Mary 73. Not very good scores really. We then drove around Southampton for a bit seeing the Oriana in dock and allowing me an opportunity to try out my automatic parking feature. I had forgotten how to instruct the car to park itself and needed to consult the manual and try out parking it several times before I finally got the hang of it. The children were getting a little frustrated with me so I took them to Carlos' for ice creams as a reward. I really love the new car and as I get more use to it is seems easier and faster to handle. We briefly dipped into the New Forest on the way home to take some photos of the ponies. Tonight Sara and I watched the World Cup Final. Not a very good game with Holland gaining eight yellow cards and one red card for the most appalling fouls on the Spanish players. A well deserved winning goal from Spain with only three minutes of extra time remaining (thus avoiding a penalty shoot out) secured the World Cup Trophy for Spain - their first ever World Cup win. Now I will turn my attention to the British Open Golf Tournament and the 20/20 Cricket. Looking forward to going to the Rose Bowl on Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment