Friday, July 16, 2010

An Evening at the Rose Bowl

A long day today with a very early start (breakfast at the Grasmere House hotel with Ambassadors). On my return home, Sara was struggling with her iron and so I drove up to Andover to Lidl's where I had seen some Russell Hobbs steam irons for only £16.99. On arriving there they only had three left so I was lucky to get one at all. I also found that they were selling sets of car mats for only £4.99 - so I bought a set. I will use the carpet samples for the boot and when using the car to transport goods and rubbish to protect the seats and decor. This evening, Tom and I went to the Rose Bowl to watch Hampshire Royals v. Middlesex Panthers in the Twenty/20 Tournament. Middlesex needed to win to have any chance of getting into the Quarter-Finals and Hampshire needed this win to secure a Quarter-Final place. Hampshire won the toss and decided to bat - an unwise choice. They struggled to reach 99 all out and Middlesex's reply was a convincing 102 for 2 - a crushing defeat for Hampshire. Both teams still have a chance of getting into the Q-Fs. It was a very pleasant evening an we managed to get out of the car park quite easily. Although our team, Hampshire, lost, the atmosphere was fantastic and it was good to see Tom enjoying a game which I really love to follow. Playing it... now that is another matter entirely!

No comments:

Post a Comment