Monday, July 05, 2010

More Golf and More Clients

Up very early indeed this morning - 5 a.m. - as Richard was calling at 6 p.m. to drive us to Paulton's for another 18-holes round of golf. I made tea and toast and Richard arrived spot on time. We arrived at the golf course at 6.30 a.m. and went straight on. The fairways and green were quite heavy with dew which did slow the ball down. I am afraid that I didn't improve on last week's game and slipped to a 121 for the round whereas Richard seemed to be on a roll and went round in 99. I dropped many shots by losing balls in the rough by not hitting as straight as usual. Much room for improvement. We had a coffee in the clubhouse before going on to the Vine Inn at Ower for lunch where Sara joined us following a meeting she had had in Southampton. During the course of the lunch I received a mobile call from a brand new client with employee problems. I seem to be picking up quite a few new clients - the networking seems to be working. Just need to get the cash flow going. Back home I watched the remaining half of The Cruel Sea before having a bath and getting changed to go out and meet clients in Westbury. It took me just under an hour to drive to Westbury where I met with my old friend William and a colleague of his who wants to look at ways of merging their two heritage bus organisations and qualify for charitable status. We chatted over the problem during a pleasant (though not outstanding) Chinese meal at a local Chinese restaurant. It was a lovely drive back this evening in the twilight over Salisbury Plain. I can never be thankful enough for living in such a beautiful part of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment