Friday, July 23, 2010

With old friends in Yorkshire

I was awoken this morning by my alarm clock at 5.45 a.m. I made myself and Sara a mug of tea, had a shower and finished off my packing and packed up the car. I had a toasted bacon sandwich before setting off on my 250 miles journey to Pudsey to see Maureen and Pat. I had a really good journey and enjoyed driving the new car. It seemed to eat up the miles and I could maintain a good smooth speed throughout the journey. Only stopping at Leicester for half an hour for a cappuccino, I arrived at Maureen’s in Pudsey at 12.45 p.m. I met Pat’s husband, Dean and their son Steven before Pat, Maureen and I went into Pudsey old village centre for a wonderful lunch at “Storms” – a lovely restaurant on the ground floor of the Pudsey Conservative Club. I had fresh crab and avocado for starters followed by pan roasted sea bass and sautéed potatoes washed down with a glass of dry white wine. We went back to the house for a pot of tea in the garden and discussed family matters and old friends in the Bahamas. I left for Grimsby at around 4.30 pm. And after a stop in Scunthorpe for flowers I pulled up outside Mum’s home at 7 p.m. The road is a complete mess at the moment as it is being re-constructed. I should get a good night’s rest tonight as the street light outside is not working apparently and having driven over 300 miles will be very tired. Tonight we watched a gardening programme on the TV as well as an interesting documentary about the Indian railways.

No comments:

Post a Comment