Thursday, July 08, 2010

Let's be fully alive!

I was woken this morning by Sara calling the phone by the bed from the kitchen on her mobile phone! When she woke up this morning - before me - she found that the Sure Signal box had activated itself overnight and we were, at long last, able to use our mobile phones here in our house and surrounding area in Winterslow. She was absolutely delighted. Sara had woken early this morning as she is going with Rosemary, Kathryn and Pat to the Garden/Flower Show at Hampton Park Palace. She left at 7.30 a.m. and I made Mary and Molly pancakes. The weather was strange today - warm, muggy and drizzling. I took the girls to school in the car and called in at the shop/post office for bread and milk. After a breakfast of German sausages and crusty bread I set about transferring my telephone numbers from my old phone into the Blackberry. Some had transferred automatically on the Simcard but others were on the phone's memory. I also took the opportunity to cull some old work numbers and consolidate others. After a couple of phone calls to Orange, I managed to pair up the Blackberry with my Orange email account so that I can now received all my emails on the Blackberry. Whoopee! Fully sorted with all the necessary technology for the business - that was until I walked back into the village in the afternoon to pick up Mary from school. On my return, the Sure Signal box had gone down again! Grrrr! How I now hate this technology. Another phone call to Vodaphone provided the answer that the box needed re-setting as there had probably been an interruption in the broadband signal - something which does happen here from time to time. Fortunately it has been working properly again although I did need to re-set it one further time this evening. Tonight I attended the PCC meeting which, after dealing with the Standing Committee business, became a discussion on "Growing the Church". I had written a paper on this which was used as the basis for the discussion. The discussion leads me to believe that whilst people have ideas, people tend to want to stay in their comfort zones and do not necessarily feel called to grow as disciples. Maybe it's the hot weather (and it is very hot today) but I do have a feeling of lethargy in the air. James, Richard and I finished of our own personal discussions in the Lord Nelson afterwards. I really must get on and do something for Stop the Traffik. I have let that slide a bit recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment