Sunday, July 18, 2010

Unchurched Sunday - Bike Riding

Nobody felt like going to church this morning and so we decided to have a somewhat relaxed morning - I read my daily devotionals and made breakfast of hot dogs for us all - Mary decided afterwards that she wanted waffles! Sara and Mary went out to Tesco's shopping leaving Tom and me at home. I drafted a publicity letter/flyer for Complex and afterwards mowed the front and rear lawns. Tom spent his time painting his model warriors or whatever they are. This afternoon, after a lunch of baked potatoes, we watched the Twenty/20 cricket from the Rose Bowl when Hampshire beat Sussex by 44 runs to secure themselves a place in the Quarter Finals. I had hoped that Tom and I could go and see Hampshire in the QF against Warwickshire but it will be at Edgbaston on Monday 26th July when I will be in Lincolnshire. Never mind, perhaps I will see them in the Semi-Final?! We all went for a bike ride in Bentley Wood after the cricket. Poor Sara struggled again - she really does find cycling hard and needed her inhaler when we got back. The children, especially Mary, love cycling and can take the hills. My fitness does seem to have improved and I could have taken the long hill with relative ease had I not had to keep stopping to let the others catch me up. I tried to speak to mum on the phone this evening but the phone just kept ringing so I guess she is out somewhere. Klynn and I met in the Lion's Head at 9 p.m. for a couple of beers. We discussed our sons' school reports, the state of our country's defence capability, his new job, my new car and phone, his new job and pension prospects. No mention of church matters so, ironically, for a Sunday church has not featured much at all today!

No comments:

Post a Comment