Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A busy schedule

A miserable rainy day today. Sara and Mary went off into Salisbury early for Mary's ballet examination and I followed on later as I had my own errands to run in town - notably to get a new battery for my watch and to get Tom's watch tightened for him. We met up at the cafe in Waitrose where I also met Norman and Pam - our other churchwarden and his wife. Mary seemed quite pleased with the way the exam went although she does seem to have strained some muscles in her leg. She will have to try the muscle ease solution I got from my visit to Champney's in January. Whilst having coffee I received a telephone call from a client which meant I would have to rush back home after my errands in order to compose a letter for him to give to his employers. My new BlackBerry is great but means I pick up more calls and texts than ever before. Tom was to have his school's sports day this afternoon and I was scheduled to attend to watch so time was squeezed. As it happened I didn't need to rush as the sports afternoon (track events) was postponed until Thursday due to the lousy weather. This afternoon I returned to Salisbury to pick up the watches and visit the library. Tonight, Sara was child-minding for Susan until Klynn returned home and I cooked us rump steak with onions, runner beans, Morning Star potatoes, and prawns (surf and turf for me) in garlic butter. Yummy. We also managed to demolish two pounds of cherries between the four of us - delicious cherries bought for £2 for 2lbs off the market - sweet and "moreish".

No comments:

Post a Comment