Friday, July 09, 2010

The Heat Wave Begins

Another very hot muggy day today. Weather forecasts are for a heatwave in the UK over the next fortnight - it seeming to be much hotter the further north you go. Temperatures of 31 degrees Celsius being predicted today in the north-east. The Sure Signal is still working and I was able to read my UCB daily reading on my Blackberry in bed over a cup of tea today. I had received a call yesterday that my new car would be ready to pick up tomorrow so I set about removing all my belongings from the Mercedes in readiness. The car will have to be sold with the Southampton FC sticker intact as I found I couldn't remove it without ripping it. All other stickers have been removed. I visited the cash n'carry this morning to buy some small prizes (tubes of sweets) for the darts stall I am running at the Parish Fete tomorrow. No doubt it will be boiling hot again tomorrow - I really do not like fetes when it is so hot especially if I have no shade. After visiting Staples for some paper and Tesco's for some essential shopping I returned home and made myself a pork pie salad with new potatoes from Morning Star. It was just too hot to do much at all this afternoon so I watch some TV - very unusual for me in the middle of the day. Tom came home from his week away in the New Forest and showed me his photos. The highlight of his trip appears to have been his trip to Beaulieu to see the cars - especially those that have featured in Top Gear. I had a telephone conference with a client this evening and watched some more TV. Feeling really tired - this weather is simply too hot for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment