Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Phone, Phones and Phone Home T.E. !!!

Sara and I went into Salisbury this morning taking her friend K in with her. They were attending a Ladies Who Latte meeting at Milford Hall Hotel whilst I went to Vodaphone to exchange my current mobile phone for a new Blackberry and to get a Vodaphone Sure Signal box which is designed to ensure a mobile signal from our broadband router in a area such as ours where we do not, at present, get a signal. I was served by a very pleasant young lady called Kate who spent a considerable amount of time with me explaining my new phone, its features and setting certain things up for me. It should provide me with the ability to pick up and send emails when on the move without needing to find a Wi-Fi signal. I also bought new land line phones today from Argos - three cordless phones for the study, kitchen/reception rooms and our bedroom. They were easy to set up. I am afraid as I write this the Sure Signal box does not seem to work - it has been on for eight hours now and although it is advertised as being set up after an hour, I still do not have a mobile phone signal. Vodaphone say they will send me a text when it is activated but how can I receive a text if the blooming thing isn't working. If I don't get is working tomorrow it will go back and I'll demand my money back. I really do this facility, however, as we picked up another piece of work today for Complex. Many clients do try and get hold of us on the mobile phone. So, a day of phone technology. It took me another half an hour to pair up the Blackberry with my Bluetooth hands free facility in the Mercedes - I'll have to go through all that again when the new car arrives! Tonight I picked up Mary from Brownie Camp in the woods at Norman Court. She is currently not enjoying Brownies because the last of her friends is leaving. Sara is anxious that she continues in Brownies and so is trying to get her into the Winterslow troop where she knows more people. Still no news from Tom. He is away in the New Forest on a week's adventure trip with the school. Despite being asked to do so, not one of the boys has found time to phone home. They could be anywhere for all we know. Sara is missing him a lot, but Mary and I are enjoying the relative peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment