Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A day at home

A day at home today. It was overcast and drizzling when I awoke this morning but the barometer in our cloakroom conitues to give a high pressure reading indicating warm humid weather. Sara did her normal stint at Morning Star this morning whilst I attended to some housework - principally vacuuming and tidying up the family room and landing - and garndening - weeding and mowing the bank. We had lunch of fresh crusty bread from the shop and soup (in Sara's case) and crayfish mayonnaise in mine. I spent a good part of the day trying to get the Vodaphnoe Sure Signal device working - it doesn't - and I am still without a mobile signal at home for my new Blackberry. It is very frustrating and Vodaphone are not returning my calls. They did send me an email stating that they were pleased to note that the box is activated and working! It isn't! A trip back to the shop in Salisbury tomorrow is called for I think. I did manage to find out how to divert my incoming calls to the land line so, hopefully, I will not miss any calls. The Sure Signal box continues to wink at me on my desk but still no connection. Mary joined the Winterslow Brownies tonight. She was very excited and pleased to be joining her friends here in the local troop. We received an extremely short and not very informative telephone call from Tom who is away in the New Forest. Obviously he is well and having so much fun that lengthy telephone calls to his parents are just a nuisance. Germany were knocked out of the World Cup today by Spain (0-1) which pleased me but I didn't see much of the first half as I was watching the Twenty/20 cricket between Leicestershire Foxes and Worcestershire Royals (the Royals won by 3 wickets). I am really looking forward to going to the Rose Bowl next Friday with Tom to see live cricket between Hampshire Royals v. Middlesex Panthers. I had a short meeting with Richard up at his house tonight (over a beer of course) to discuss matters relating to tomorrow night's PCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment