Thursday, July 22, 2010

End of Term/Curry Club

The weather was awful this morning - heavy rain, dark and overcast. Sara drove Tom into school today to take a couple of dozen "maths" cakes in so that they would not get broken. Apparently, the maths teacher has asked each of his pupils to bring a cake or cakes with a mathematical theme. In Tom's case, Sara had baked a lot of small cup cakes with icing denoting different numbers and mathematical symbols so that the cakes could be added, multiplied, subtracted, square rooted etc. - I am sure you get the idea; but more of the cakes later. I took Mary and Molly into school in the car because it was still raining, on and off. Driving back, the heavens opened again - so a good move. Back home, and over a coffee or two, I dealt with the Resolution Rights Issue matter after ringing a couple of people at my old company and decided to cash the Rights in - I really do not want to buy more shares in the company. I will use the cash generated to purchase some more shares in another company of my choosing. I spent much of the rest of the day packing to go away to Lincolnshire, including sorting through two boxes of bits and pieces in my car and reducing the contents of them to just one. I picked up Mary from school today - being last day of term it was, to say the least, manic. Tom arrived home with his cakes looking as though they were victims of a massive earthquake in Stockbridge. Sara hit the roof - they had neither been eaten not looked after! I am not sure what she expects from a bunch of 13 year old lads! Maturity?! This evening, Sara went to a large firm of solicitors in Salisbury to take part in a "Ladies' Night In" which comprised a charity raising event for women to attend and be pampered - plenty of champagne, Sara's makeovers, crystal healing etc. etc. From a business point of view, I don't think it was a great success but hopefully it did raise some money for charity. After dropping Tom off at his friends house, I drove into Salisbury to attend the Curry Club dinner with old company colleagues. It was a very pleasant evening chatting mainly about our new lives rather than our old ones. Sara and Mary joined us later and we returned home at around 11.30 p.m. Must get to bed now as I have a long journey up north tomorrow. Lunch near Leeds and then on to Grimsby.

No comments:

Post a Comment