Friday, July 02, 2010

Lunch in Surrey with old work colleagues

Woke up early this morning and made tea as usual. I attended the Ambassadors' Business Breakfast Club this morning at Grasmere House Hotel in Harnham before returning home at 10 a.m. At 10.30 a.m. left Winterslow to drive up to Mickleham for lunch at Frascati's with my old secretary and others. It was a delightful lunch of garlic mushrooms followed by creamed kidneys. I caught up on all the news and gossip from my old company and passed a very pleasant couple of hours in the Surrey countryside. I returned home via the A272 following traffic announcements that the M25 and M3 were already congested. It is a lovely drive through the Sussex and Hampshire countryside. Tonight I visited Morning Star to learn how to carve a whole pig as I shall be undertaking that role tomorrow at their "Thank-You Party". Mary joined me and wasn't too impressed by seeing the pig's head and trotters in a plastic bag severed from the rest of its carcass. Apparently the pig had a good life living in woodland and had the name Dorothy - a favourite of the pig man's family. I am sure Dorothy will taste nice with some sage and apple sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment