Saturday, July 17, 2010

Boxes and Nets!

A relatively lazy Saturday today, after the last few hectic ones. I made the children and myself a breakfast of sausages and beans. Because of Mary's leg problem (still strained after all her ballet exercises) she did not go to ballet school this morning. My new car was extremely low on fuel after last night's trip to the Rose Bowl, (I don't yet know how much is in a reserved tank) and so I drove to the Wallops to fill up with diesel. Fortunately I got there, despite all the warning lights on the dashboard, and filled the tank - £58! Back home, Sara and I emptied the loft of a lot of old cardboard boxes and bits and pieces we don't want and cannot sell e.g. old baby's car seat, travel cot, old toys etc. Some will go to charity whilst others I took over to the recycling unit at Amesbury trying out the versatility of the Mercedes A-Class (I can get an immense amount of stuff in it!). Whilst in Amesbury I did some shopping at the Co-Op. Later in the afternoon, Tom and I went up to the cricket nets and spent an hour practising. My batting is fine but my bowling remains an embarrassment. I never was a good bowler, although I used to do a bit of spin bowling in my time, but I did, towards the end spin a few balls onto the stumps. I am glad Tom is taking an interest in the game. Tomorrow we shall watch the Hampshire v. Sussex Twenty/20 in Sky. Sara and I watched a Star Trek movie before going to bed quite late.

No comments:

Post a Comment