Thursday, March 24, 2011

Another weight loss this week

Weigh-in at Fat Fighters today in Stockbridge. Glad to say that I lost another 2.5 pounds this week which has now meant that I have lost 5 x 7 lbs or 5 silver awards. Total weight loss for the 18 weeks since I started is now 37 lbs or 74 packs packs of butter! After the Weight Watchers meeting Sara met Myrna, Sara's mother's former friend and neighbour, in the hotel and I left them to chat and have lunch together. I returned home and packed for my four days away - tonight Brighton and then three days in Grimsby. I washed the car, packed and had a quick lunch of crumpets and bacon before driving into Salisbury to fill up with fuel at Tesco's - one of the cheapest places at the moment (still 137p per litre!). I arrived at Peter's in hove at 3.45 p.m. and changed into my masonic suit before he drove me and his brother Roger into Brighton for a meeting of Royal Sussex Chapter. Tonight's ceremony was an exaltation with an excellent candidate who is clearly an amateur thespian. Dinner tonight was pate, roast pork and cheese and biscuits. On our return to Peter's, quite a bit later than anticipated due to the length of this evening's meeting, I met with a friend of his son's who was facing an employment problem following a need by his employer to cut costs. The advice I gave was as much practical advice as legal theory which I hope he can use to decide what he wants to do. Peter was very tired tonight so we didn't have any long discussions and I went to bed at 11.30 p.m. After speaking briefly to Sara and the phone I dealt with a few emails and read some scripture before falling asleep. A long day and a long drive await tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment