Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Prayers and Breakfast in Whiteparish

Another early start this morning. I drove "over the hill" to Whiteparish (carefully avoiding the potholes of course) to join the Team Clergy for Morning Prayer and breakfast at Jane's home on the Romsey Road. This was followed by Mid-Week Lent Eucharist at Whaddon Hall which was well attended. The service was taken by Cynthia. Afterwards I called in at Tesco's and Staples for some shopping before returning to Winterslow. I joined Sara in helping out at Morning Star's Lent lunch at the Methodist Hall and then Sara went off for the eighth of her LPA training sessions - this time with the Rural Dean, Vanda. After the lunch, I went for a long walk down Witt Road and across the fields to Weston Lane via the barns and then to the school to pick up Mary. We arrived back home at around 3.20 p.m. I started to get together some old transport magazines to take to Droitwich. I am now anxious to get a lot of rubbish thrown out, as well as old books, to make more room for serious studying and study material. I cooked the children's teas tonight and Sara returned home at around 5.30 p.m. having had a heavy training session. Tonight I continued with sorting out some papers and getting ready for spending a few days away in Sussex and Lincolnshire. I heard from my old friend Christina that she and her husband would be staying with their friend Sue in Winterslow on Sunday night (the Night of the Census actually) and that it would be good for us all to meet up. This will depend upon what time I get back from Grimsby. My aim is to leave there at about 2 p.m. which means I can be back by about 7 p.m. Feeling really tired and mentally exhausted tonight. Fat Fighters tomorrow and although I have been careful this week not to use up any of my 49 "naughty points" still not sure if I have been good enough this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment