Friday, March 04, 2011

Pub Theology?

Breakfast at Ambassadors’ business group this morning where the talk was given by a nutritionist who explained her work and how to ensure you have eleven portions of fruit and vegetables in a day. I returned home around 10 a.m. to find Sara missing – she had said she would be at home when I returned. In fact she had a meeting with our friend Lucy over in Whiteparish. I had a telephone conference with a client (my old assistant at Friends) to discuss an employment problem he is having. I have spent most of today dealing with paperwork (catching up on being away) and hardly moving out of the study (what’s new I can hear Sara say!) I have managed to fix up a meeting at the Baptist Church on Wednesday to discuss an ecumenical Food for Thought service in May. This will be with the Methodist and Baptist ministers. Tonight I took Tom to his football practice and used the time and my Netbook to catch up on this blog. Richard called round a little after 9 p.m. (Sara was out at a Vie party at Sarah’s in Weston Lane) and we managed to polish off a bottle of wine whilst discussing church matters – particularly my suggestion about starting pub theology in the village. We are both keen on this idea which is proper outreach by encouraging people to join in discussions on spirituality over a pint or two of beer in the local pub with Christians.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea, pub theology...count me in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Klynn. Thought it would "Float your Boat"

    ReplyDelete