Thursday, March 03, 2011

Fellowship and Prawn Linguine

Off to Fat Fighters this morning. Sara didn’t want to go as she has missed two weeks (this would be three) and she is convinced she will have put on at least 5 pounds. I finally managed to persuade her to come with me – especially as I also think I’ve put on weight. Sara was very pleasantly surprised to find that she has lost two pounds over the last two weeks and my weight has stayed the same! So I was correct in thinking that I wouldn’t have lost anything and pleasantly surprised to find that I hadn’t put anything on either. I will have to be careful next week! Sara and I then drove into Salisbury to meet up and have lunch with our former colleague, Serena, in ASK. We are all on Weight Watchers and therefore chose as carefully (my favourite prawn linguine) as we could. Poor Serena has been unable to find a job since she left Friends in December 2009. She is hopeful of a role as an Assistant Town Clerk in Dorset. Sara and I went our own separate ways after the lunch – Sara returned to the car and I walked up to the law courts to get the probate papers for Maureen’s will. That transpired to be a wasted journey as the local probate court is actually in Winchester! Never mind, the walk helped to gain some activity pro-points. This evening there were eight of us for the House Group – a good number – and we tackled the final two Minor Prophets – Zephaniah and Zechariah. I approached them differently this time by getting somebody to read a small chunk and then I would read out the corresponding commentary from a handbook I have. Wehave all found these minor prophets difficult, but at least we have, during the last few weeks, read fully twelve of the sixty-six books making up the Bible. We all agreed that it would probably be a very long time before we read any of them again – with the possible exception of Jonah. James stayed behind for a glass of wine and to discuss PCC and ministry matters. It would be good if he joins me on the Deanery Synod next year. I found it difficult to get to bed tonight and so stayed up quite late watching some of the evangelists on UCB TV and also watching a very interesting documentary about the role of the emergency services during the Second World War Blitz. In fact I didn’t go to bed until 2 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment