Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Good School Report for Mary

Woke up quite early in Hove after a reasonably good night's sleep. Peter had put me in Neil's old room last night and I was able to spend the night in a good comfortable double bed - not the usual mattress on the floor of the nursery. After making myself a cup of tea I spent some time dealing with some emails on the Netbook and making phone calls. This morning, Stephen Mulrine came over and we spent some time discussing the probate affairs of his late mother as we are both executors of her will. Peter kindly made his home and office facilities available so that I could draw up a legal document for signature by Stephen. Peter and I also spent some tome this morning talking about another matter upon which he wanted my legal advice. I left Hove at around midday and drove back to Wiltshire. Having had no breakfast this morning and eaten quite early last night, I was very hungry indeed and so stopped off at Bognor Regis for some fish and chips - certainly blowing away my diet. This afternoon I attended a parent's "evening" at Winterslow School to discuss Mary's progress this year. The report was very good and I am most pleased with her progress. Sara came along later and we chatted to Nils who was welcoming parents in his capacity as governor of the school. Tonight, Sara attended a meeting of the LPAs and got a taste of the issues which are discussed at such meetings which she will have to attend regularly once she has been commissioned. She did not return home until past 10 p.m. as she had been chatting afterwards with Rosemary. I watched a repeated documentary on the post-war life of Albert Speer whose book, Inside the third Reich, I had read from cover to cover during my days in Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment