Monday, March 21, 2011

A Trip to Worthing

The morning seemed to go very quickly today. Sara baked bread for the Morning Star Lent lunch and because I was driving over to Worthing in her car this afternoon (the Mercedes still being out of action for all intents and purposes) I dropped her off at the Methodist Church Hall and after a quick "hello" to the Morning Star staff set off for Worthing to attend the Sussex Provincial Grand Chapter Annual Meeting at the Charmandean Centre (see picture). I arrived in Worthing at 2 p.m. in good time for the meeting which started at 2.45 p.m. Jeff L and I managed to get reasonably good seats behind those receiving promotions and appointments (including our friend Simon C who was being appointed Prov.GStdB). After the ceremony, I went for a short walk before a rather sumptuous dinner of Caesar salad, beef bourginogne, tart au citron and cheese. Probably ate more than I should and will have to spend a bit of time in the gym tomorrow once my wheel and tyre are sorted out. Sara's car radio is not working at the moment because it was disconnected from the electrics when her new alternator was fitted. Consequently I only had the SatNav to accompany my journey. I used the quiet time on a fairly empty road for reflection and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment