Thursday, March 17, 2011

Loving one another

Back to Fat Fighters again this morning and feeling quite anxious about the "weigh-in" today as I have not been entirely good with my points. I have tracked them but also used up quite a number of "naughty points" this week and not convinced that I have been able to do enough exercise to counter the heavy use. As it happened, I didn't need to worry as I managed to lose another half a pound which, as Karen said, is most people's equivalent of putting on weight. Indeed, it would have been nice to have lost a whole pound rather than half as that would have marked the 2.5 stones loss mark and another reward. Will have to hope I can lose more that half a pound next week. Sara, unfortunately put on another pound so I was not very popular although she still does love me (I think!). My bad week is some people's good week! After attending the Stockbridge Fat Fighters' meeting, Sara and I drove to Andover to buy some red hair spray for Mary to use tomorrow as part of the Red Nose Day (Comic Relief) celebration. We returned to Winterslow to join Richard, Ivan and others at the Lent Lunch organised by Morning Star. Excellent spring onion soup today - Dave has promised to give me the recipe. I love spring onions although I doubt that other people love me after I've eaten them. "Loving one another" was the theme of tonight's House Group meeting which was really well attended. We had a roaring wood fire going again tonight as it has turned quite cold again. We had a lively debate thanks mainly to Steve joining us. He hasn't been to House Group for a little while and so his presence changed the dynamics of the meeting somewhat. James stayed behind for a chat over an orange juice (he has forsaken wine during Lent) and Sara and I then watched Question Time from Eastbourne. I ended the evening watching a Christian comedian (and former Manchester City football player) called Charlie Hale who was entertaining if not entirely funny all the time. He did show, however, that you can have some good humour without the obscenities. Quite a satisfying day today. Sara tells me she is really hoping to get focused with her weight loss. I hope she does. She can focus on her LPA training and other things but why not weight watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment