Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eat Dust!

Off to "Fat Fighters" (Weight Watchers) again this morning for the big weigh-in. Today we took Karen B's little boy Nathaniel with us as Karen had to go up to the hospital. He was really well behaved despite having to spend an hour so so with us "fatties". This week I lost a further 2.5 pounds and Sara stayed the same. Now my lowest weight since 1990! We had a bit of fun today as we were each asked to bring in our favourite low propoints and I chose to bring in a bag of dust (a la Marjorie Dawes from Little Britain). We had a good laugh. Frustrating afternoon talking to the BT Technical Helpline in India. The BT Internet Broadband is still not working and I have been taken through the same procedure again today by some technician called Gaurav or some such name. I have told him that if he does not get the engineers to ring me to sort out the problem by 11 a.m. tomorrow we will be in state of war. I sounded rather like Neville Chamberlain but not in such a measured voice! This afternoon Sara and I walked to school to pick up Mary via Weston Lane - a two miles walk which earned me quite a few activity points. Tonight I led the Lent Group entitled "Fully Alive" whilst Sara went to do a Vie Party at Sophie's. The Group was very successful, I thought, and we certainly didn't run out of topics to discuss. We shared bread and grape juice and had a quiet prayerful time before reading the material and scripture and launching into a discussion. James stayed behind for some more grape juice (he has given up wine for Lent) and Sara returned from a very successful party to join us. Sara is suffering from a really bad back at the moment and went to bed before me. Feeling quite contented at the moment both physically and spiritually. Not sure how long this calm will last. I have to face another session with the BT Indian Call Centre tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment