Saturday, March 26, 2011

More disappointment at Blundell Park

Had a leisurely morning today. Mum cooked smoked haddock and a poached for breakfast which was a very healthy low ProPoints meal. After breakfast I went to Blundell Park to buy a ticket for this afternoon's game against Tamworth (in fact I bought two tickets as there was a special offer in the Grimsby Evening Telegraph and it made sense to get two - one of which I could give to my old school friend, Tim). Whilst out, I also posted a letter for Mum and picked up a Grimsby Evening Telegraph for her. I didn't have any lunch today as the match was an early kick-off at 1 pm and I was going out to dinner this evening with Tim and his wife Sheila. The match was, to say the least, dire. Grimsby manage to get ahead quite early on and went in at half time with a 1-0 lead. They doubled that lead to 2-0 early ion in the second half and then proceeded to through it away as the second half progressed with a final scoreline of 2-2. Any chances of getting into the Blue Square Premier play-offs are now in tatters - they are 12 points behind the play-off places. They did exactly the same thing on Tuesday night against Gateshead. I walked back to Mum's quite disappointed. Mum was spending the afternoon getting herself ready to go out to a charity event at Cleethorpes Conservative Club and so I went for a nice long walk down to Cleethorpes seafront and back - about two and a half miles in total. It is bitterly cold up in North East Lincolnshire. Tonight I spent a very pleasant evening with Tim and Sheila with a meal of grilled steak and roast vegetables. We had a long natter afterwards catching up on family events and it was nice to have such a relaxing evening with friends. Mum phoned at around 11.15 p.m. asking me to pick her and her friend Freda up from the Club and take Freda back to her home in Yarborough Road which I did. The weather was still bitterly cold as I arrived at the Club. They had had a good night with a good buffet for £3 although the music had been rather loud, apparently. Tonight the clocks went forward so I didn't actually go to bed until about 1.30 a.m. Fortunately the church service tomorrow at Old Clee is at 11 a.m. so not too much of a rush in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment