Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some Losers, Some Winners!

Tom was unwell again today so he didn't take part in the Clarendon Under 14s football match this morning. This left me free to complete the construction of the rest of the dining chairs which took me around an hour and a half. I then took the packaging and the old desk chair down to the recycling unit at Amesbury using the trip to also do some shopping at Lidl's just around the corner. Tom stayed home all the time lying on the couch watching TV. Mary went with Sara into Salisbury for her ballet and other shopping. Today was a really important day in Saint's fixture calendar - the first league away match against Bournemouth in 51 years. A win against Bournemouth would mean going up a place in the table and being only 2 points short of the automatic promotion place with two games in hand. Could we do it? I started to listen to the match on the radio when Sara phoned me to say that her car had broken down on the forecourt of the BP garage in London Road. The car was full of frozen products from Tesco's too. I drove to the garage with jump leads borrowed from Klynn but couldn't jump start her car as I couldn't find a battery in my own (apparently it is under the floor somewhere!). Fortunately RAC arrived promplty and Sara's car was towed to the local garage in Winterslow. Saints did win, by the way (3-1) which leaves them fourth in the league table tonight after all the other teams around them also won). I took Mary and the frozen food home in my car. Tonight, as I had promised, I took Mary to Poole to go greyhound racing. On the way my own car's red warning light came on to indicate low tyre pressures. I thought my nearside front tyre appeared to be a bit low and so I will need to have that looked at tomorrow. Mary and I had a wonderful evening at the dogs. True to form, Mary managed to pick two winners and came away £35 up on the night! I've never known anybody so lucky on the dogs as Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment