Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Pancakes! (Oh and mince pies too!)

Awoken by my alarm at 6.30 a.m. and made tea for Sara and myself. I hoisted the Thai flag to celebrate Adam's (Sara's brother) birthday. Again I was greeted by a deep frost and a biting chill in the air. The flag hung rather limply although the wind did get up a little later. I dropped Mary off at school this morning, in the car, and then drove into Salisbury to spend an hour and a half in the gym where I used the cardio-vascular machines and had ten minutes or so in the steam room. It was really good to lie there in the heat and reflect on many thoughts going through my mind at the moment as I was feeling a bit grotty, mentally, today. Returning home I found that Sara had gone off to Sophie's House Group with Linda and she didn't return until 2 p.m. It hadn't been an easy group to lead. This afternoon I picked Mary up from school and we went over to West Dean to lend Sophie a hand with her pancake afternoon. I spent the best part of two hours cooking pancakes for her to serve up in the church whilst Mary helped both cook and eat them! I also took over a stack of the infamous mince pies in the hope of them being consumed. Sophie had a good crowd of people attend - including many children and it is good to see she had the support. I returned home about 5.00 p.m. and Tom and I went over to Southampton to watch the Saints beat Yeovil 3-0. Again, all the other teams around them (excluding Bournemouth) also won so the Saints remain 5th in the League Table. They still have games in hand over all the top clubs except Brighton who seem unstoppable. Andy is currently recovering from a knee operation and was on a crutch - enabling us to give him "some stick" but it was all good natured fun. After feeling a bit grotty earlier today, this afternoon and evening brightened things up. A good laugh at the pancake cook-up and at the football (with a win) made me feel heaps better. Back home from Southampton to check on emails and write up this blog. Have another early start tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment