Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I had good intentions of starting to sift through the many boxes from the study with a view to putting together the books and magazines to go to Droitwich next week but somehow today seems to have flown by again! Quite an expensive day too! After a breakfast of grilled bacon and mushrooms, Sara and I attended Sophie's Lent Group today which was led by Cynthia and also attended by Nils and two others from Winterslow. Indeed, Winterslow residents outnumbered West Dean by 5 to 3. It was an interesting discussion on the topic of ministry and vocation. In view of my own discernment and testing process at the moment for licensed ministry, I said very little and let others contribute to the discussion. I am still inwardly testing my calling for this. We ended the session with a bread and cheese lunch. I must confess to having two slices of bread and some cheddar and Camembert which wouldn't be approved by Weight Watchers. On the way back we took photos of the offending pothole which caused so much damage to my wheel. I intend to seek some recompense from the Council if possible. The picture above shows just how deep the hole is. In fact, the Council were already filling in many others along the road - so they clearly know that they are dangerous. A poor cyclist wouldn't stand a chance. This afternoon I drove over to Wilton and picked up my repaired wheel from the welders (they had made a fantastic job of it) and then on to Bathwick tyres who put a budget tyre on it for me - £59 for the tyre and £45 for the wheel. Although it was £104 I didn't want to have to spend, a new tyre on my old car would have cost over £100. At least I got a new tyre out of it. I spent an hour in the gym afterwards and tonight Sara and I spoke on Skype to David and Andrea for an hour or so. Saints played Charlton tonight away at The Valley. Saints were winning 0-1 right up until the 86th minute when they succumbed to a late goal from The Addicks scored by former Saints player, Bradley Wright-Phillips! Tonight Saints are third in league two points behind Huddersfield with two games in hand. They still have to play Brighton so their chances of the automatic promotion place remain tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment