Monday, March 07, 2011

Lunch with an old friend at Anokaa's

A cold frosty start today and I had to scrape ice off the cars before I took Mary to school. Sara went off to Basingstoke this morning to retrieve a Vie at Home bag which she had left at the home of her last hostess - a poor party by all accounts. I don't think Sara was particularly thrilled to have to drive the seventy-odd miles there and back and use up another £14-worth of petrol for the privilege. Afterwards, Sara went with Sam and Sophie to a "secret location" (I'm sworn to secrecy) to size up a possible scene for the front of their Calendar. I drove into Salisbury and spent an hour in the gym before using up all my hard earned ProPoints (and more) having an Indian buffet lunch at Anokaa's in Fisherton Street with my old friend and work colleague Derek who told me all about the latest twists and turns in his love life. looks like I might be getting invited to a wedding soon - makes a change from all the funerals I've been going to recently! After lunch I picked up Sara's "maternity" ring from the jewellers - a very special item as it was the first piece of "serious" jewellery I gave her to celebrate her first pregnancy with Tom. It had needed cleaning and the shank strengthening. They have made a wonderful job of it. I walked back to Waitrose, where I had parked the car and, hopefully, earned enough Weight Watchers activity points not to have done too much damage today. No dinner tonight I fear! Have to confess that I had a little nap this afternoon whilst watching Tom & Jerry cartoons on the box. A combination of a late night and plenty of exercise today has left me feeling rather tired tonight. I think I will have an early one. Tomorrow Tom and I will be late back from Southampton where we are going to watch Saints against Yeovil at St. Mary's.

No comments:

Post a Comment