Friday, March 11, 2011

New Dining Table Arrives

I spent the morning at home today with Sara tidying up in readiness for the delivery of our new dining table and chairs. This included dismantling the existing table and find room for the chairs (which we are keeping). Richard called round to show me how to convert a document to an earlier version for those who could not open attachments which I had prepared using a later form of Microsoft Office. I also discovered how to convert documents to pdf format at the same time - a useful tool. Linda M called around to discuss an employment law issue with me and also brought a Weight Watchers' lunch of soup and bread (only 5 propoints). Whilst she was with me, the table and chairs arrived - in large cardboard boxes indicating that I would be spending the afternoon constructing their contents. Sara arrived back from the Lord Nelson at 2.30 p.m. and we set about building the table and two chairs. I went for an hour's walk to the shop and then through the copse to Weston Lane and then back home via the barns and Witt Road. This evening, Sara hosted a Pampered Chef evening with Lucy N, Shaz from Morning star, Ruth from the shop and one of Ruth's friends. Sara had hoped for more but they hadn't even replied. After picking up Mary from the youth club, I went down to the Lion's Head to meet with Richard and Klynn to discuss setting up a Pub Theology Group. We spent a very pleasant three hours discussing this and other matters before I returned home and then, rather badly, helped myself to some more wine and a few peanuts. Down the gym again tomorrow I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment