Saturday, March 05, 2011

The Fellowship of the Ring

A quiet day at home today. Sara and I woke quite early this morning and had tea in bed. I took Tom up to his football match at Barry's Field (they lost 1-2 against Bishop Waltham) this morning and this afternoon must confess I had quite a lazy day reading the newspaper whilst Sara cleaned our en suite bathroom - I am scheduled to do a lot of cleaning and tidying up on Monday morning. Danny and Shaz from Morning Star called around this afternoon with four boxes of mince pies for us to give out at church tomorrow as well as a box of "goodies" for us - most of which we can't eat because of Weight Watchers! Tonight I cooked lobster for Sara and myself washed down with a nice bottle of dry white wine. Once we has finished, Sara, Tom and I watched the first of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring) which I had received as a Christmas present a couple of years ago. I had read The Hobbit when I was in Liverpool but gave up on the Lord of the Rings after a few pages as I really didn't think it was "my thing". It became quite a cult novel in the 70s. The film lasted about three hours so we ended up having another late night! We will try and tackle the second of the three films tomorrow night.Italic

No comments:

Post a Comment