Monday, March 28, 2011

Coffee in the cathedral; Dinner in Bournemouth

I felt quite tired this morning and was glad Sara got up first and brought in tea for us to drink in bed. Didn't see Tom this morning - in fact, I haven't seen him since Thursday morning with me being away in Brighton and Grimsby and our last night before he returned from Rockface. Sara reminded me that we had agreed to meet her mother's friend Mary and husband Peter for coffee in the Cathedral Refectory this morning at 10 a.m. I had a number of things to do first so Sara went on ahead and I joined them at about 10.30 a.m. after having visited the bank. I has also intended to fill in the 2011 Census Form this morning but didn't get around to it - I must do it in the next 24 hours if possible and get it sent off. Mary and Peter were in good form and we chatted for an hour or so - Sara with Mary and I discussed my vocation testing for ministry with Peter who is, himself, a reader minister and assessor in the Winchester Diocese. It was very helpful talking to him. I sat in a wonderful seat with a good view of the spire (see picture) through the refectory's glass roof. I took Peter over to the Sarum College bookshop where we both wanted to buy books and I left him there and returned to my car. Back home I had a light lunch of prawns and a banana and wrote up my blog for the last couple of days. Sara returned home at about 2.45 p.m. and then went off to pick up Mary from school. I drove down to Bournemouth to attend the Installation Meeting of Bournemouth & District Installed Masters' Lodge at Boscombe with Tony Channing, Wiltshire Masters' master. We had a very enjoyable evening with an excellent installation ceremony and a talk on "Masonic Oddities" - the same lecture and lecturer we had had at Sarum's installation meeting in October. Tony and I sat on the top table where we were feted with mushroom soup, roast pork, strawberry gateaux (Tony and I had ice cream) and cheese and biscuits (no biscuits or butter for me). I returned home from Bournemouth at about 11 p.m. and Sara and I spent an hour or so talking about some matters relating to Tom. Sara went to bed at 12.30 a.m. and I wrote up this blog tonight leaving me free to deal with some important paperwork tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment