Sunday, March 13, 2011

Winners - Again!

An early start this morning - and heavy rain. I hoisted the Canadian flag for some Canadian visitors to the village who are stying across the road from us. The flag simply stuck itself to the pole in the wet. I drove to St. John's for the Early Morning Eucharist (my intention had been to walk but I didn't fancy trudging through the rain) which was taken by Nils who spoke about the discipline of Lent and the pushing away of temptation and sin. James joined me in the front of the church. I also drove Sara and Tom to All Saints for the Parish Eucharist (Sara's car being out of action at the moment) and returned home to cook pancakes for Mary's breakfast. After breakfast, Mary and I went into Salisbury to attend the meeting at City Church with the Kidleys and others from Morning Star. Mary joined her age group in some activities whilst I stayed to listen to a long talk from a visiting preacher on just three verses of Colossians (a follow-up from last week). Mary and I stopped off at Tesco's on the way home to get some saline solution for Sara's contact lenses and to fill the car with fuel - £1.35 a litre now. My car tyres also needed air following the warning light coming on last night on the way to Poole. I will need to have the nearside front tyre looked at. This afternoon Mary and I went swimming and I accomplished another 30-lengths stint. Mary joined me in the marathon and did 31! Tonight after a lovely supper of boiled gammon and vegetables, and a quick chat with Mum, I joined James, Klynn and Richard to make up a team for the pub quiz. We won again! This time by 16 points! Another bottle of wine to add to the collection - nice Chilean white which I have given to Sara for her Jamie at Home Party tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment