Friday, March 18, 2011

Tyreless Evening

A very long day today starting with Ambassadors' Breakfast Club at the Grasmere House Hotel in Harnham. I had to be up early this morning as I had promised to pick up Dave Parry (who has just had a hip replacement operation) from his home in The Brambles near St. Mark's Church, Salisbury. As it was, I was five minutes late as I got caught behind two lorries lumbering along the A30 towards Salisbury. The weather was drizzling as I drove in (this rain later becoming very heavy as the day progressed). A good and enjoyable breakfast this morning which resulted in some more work coming my way. After dropping off Dave back at his flat I went into Salisbury city centre to pick up an Xbox game for Tom and to get Mum's birthday present which I will deliver to her when I see her in Grimsby next week. I called in at West Dean church later this morning for coffee and to chat to Sophie, Elizabeth and Tania. Sophie's friend, Emma, wanted some legal advice which I was able to give her with some more potential work. A very useful call this morning. I drove Sara to the Lord Nelson in my car (her's has hardly any petrol in it) as, by now, it was pouring with rain. I stopped and had a diet coke with her. This afternoon the BT engineer came and discovered the reason why our broadband isn't working properly. Apparently the SkyBox is plugged into the telephone line in a socket I didn't know existed and that socket had not been filtered. A simple matter of putting in a filter resulted in the broadband working perfectly! Hurrah! Tonight I took Tom to his football training and completed the Night Sky article on the Netbook for the parish magazine whilst he was playing. I called in, tonight at the Kidszone which was absolutely manic. I don't think some of the normal church members realised just how manic and successful Kidszone actually is! Steve, by all accounts, was brilliant! After the Kidszone event, Sara, Mary and I went over to Sophie's birthday drinks do in West Dean. We stayed for about an hour and a half with Mary and I playing on the Weii. Unfortunately, on the way back my car hit a massive pothole and the front nearside tyre burst. We managed to limp home as we were not far from Winterslow but I cannot take Tom to his football match tomorrow morning. I will have to get on to Bathwick Tyres first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment