Sunday, March 06, 2011

Who ate all the (mince) pies?

Up early this morning to attend Early Morning Eucharist at St. John's which was taken by Elizabeth. Instead of walking the short distance as usual, I drove there as I had a large box of Morning Star mince pies to take and distribute to the congregation. In fact, Elizabeth handed out the pies as she stood by the church's door when she was seeing people out. A large number of the pies did indeed disappear - the remaining ones going down to All Saints for the 9.30 a.m. service. I returned home to cook breakfast whilst Sara and Mary went off to All Saints (with more mince pies!) and Tom washed my car. After writing up Saturday's blog, I set off in my nice shiny car into Salisbury to attend the City Church meeting at South Wilts. A very lively event as usual with a 45- minute talk on 1 Colossians 19-20 - yes 45 minutes on just two verses of the bible! Dave, Bev and the rest of Morning Star were there and yes, you guessed it, complete with boxes and boxes of mince pies to hand out to those attending! I had been invited to have lunch with the pastor and his family and other leaders at a house in Roman Road after the service. I spent a pleasant hour or so eating chili con carne and salad with the option of mince pies(!) as a pudding. I decided against the mince pies after having seeing several hundred of them already today. I returned home via Homebase where I put an order in for a new dining room table - our current one is on its last legs (literally!) - and then returned to Salisbury to take Sara into town to shop at Waitrose and spend an hour swimming with Mary. Tonight Tom went to Rockface whilst I chilled out after quite a busy day watching Little Britain. Sara went to bed quite early and I stayed up to watch a couple of documentaries - one very interesting one about how Billy Graham had been instrumental in the fall of communism in eastern Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment