Friday, November 04, 2011

A beery end to a busy week (in the pub)


It would have been my father's 86th birthday today  and is Myrna's birthday too.  Another early start this morning with Ambassadors’ Breakfast Club at Grasmere House Hotel at Harnham.  It’s hard to believe that it is only two weeks since I sat here for breakfast knowing that we were packing and leaving that night for London Heathrow.  What a packed two weeks has passed and we have done so much!  Sara joined us at the end of the meeting for a photo shoot for the Salisbury Journal to go with a story of how the collaboration and teamwork of members of the Ambassadors’ Group had been instrumental in the success of the Calendar.  Following the meeting, Sara and I went our separate ways – I stopped off at PC World to look at laptops for Mary and also Staples to buy a replacement overnight laptop trolley bag for the one which was broken on our holiday (the handle will no longer extend making it difficult to use).  I called in at St. Mary’s Church. West Dean where Sara had already arrived to support Sophie’s Coffee and Cake morning where Calendars and Fair Trade goods were on display. I left about midday and returned home where I spent the whole of the afternoon on Complex work including a telephone conference with a barrister on one of my cases.  By 6 p.m. I was quite exhausted and ready for a break.  In fact I didn’t finish work until about 7 p.m. and after a supper of grilled chicken and roasted vegetables, went down to the pub where I joined Richard in a pint or two of well earned (well in my view anyway) beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment