Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Seriously Funny at Totton

Took Mary to school first thing this morning and then after a quick breakfast, I went across the road to Karen & Paul's to interview Paul as part of my theological reflection assignment - men and church.  I worked at home for the rest of the morning and early this afternoon went into Andover for shopping and banking - another £400 banked from the sale of Calendars.  This evening 26 of us went to Testwood Baptist Church at Totton to see Adrian Plass, Jeff Lucas and Nicki Rogers in "Seriously Funny".  They had some new material since their tour last year but were just as funny as last time.  Really enjoyed it with some good messages and thought provoking stories and anecdotes.  Sara and I got a chance to speak to Jeff before the show and with both Nicki and Adrian afterwards.  Adrian signed a copy of his latest book "War of the Worlds" for me.  I shall enjoy reading it as it seems to contain quite a bit of his dry wit and humour.  Its theme is about the war which is going on in the Church - a war between two worlds - the world where honesty is valued and the one where it is shunned.  Between appearing to do what is right and expected (keeping up appearances) and also being just ourselves.  Fascinating stuff and something which Nils and I were only talking about on Thursday.  It will be good to go back and reflect on this topic in the context of Adrian's humour.  All those I took, including Sara and Tom, said they had a thoroughly good night.  Tom especially enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment