Tuesday, November 08, 2011

A day in London

Up early this morning as I was spending the day in London and had to be at Grateley early in order to secure a car parking space.  As it was, I arrived at the station there at around 8 p.m. to find only three spaces left.  I sat in the car and read my devotionals before getting a coffee from the local vendor and catching the 0859 train to London Waterloo.  A bit like old times – going up to London on business except that in this case, I am now working for my own company. The train arrived there on time at 10.20 a.m.  I walked to The Hub coffee shop at Oasis Church in Waterloo and over a leisurely latte spent the rest of the morning reviewing the papers on my tribunal case – especially the witness statements.  At 12 noon or thereabouts I left The Hub and strolled over Waterloo Bridge to meet up with my clients at Apostrophe Coffee House opposite the Law Courts in The Strand.  We met for an hour over another coffee before walking to The Temple for a conference with our counsel.  The conference lasted for three hours during which we fully explored the strengths and weaknesses of our case.  The clients left me with counsel to discuss some legal aspects and when I left the chambers it was already quite dark.   I walked back to Apostrophe for a cup of tea before meeting with an old colleague, Phil, from Friends Provident days.  He had a problem on which he sought my advice and guidance and we spent an hour or so discussing this over a pub supper at The Lyceum in the Strand.  I returned to Waterloo over Waterloo Bridge by which time it was raining quite steadily.  I was back in Grateley at 9.10 p.m. to find my nearside front tyre very low and so I drove back home very slowly this evening.  Once home I dealt with some work in connection with today’s case and didn’t go to bed until very late.  A long tiring, but enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment