Thursday, November 03, 2011

More Reflections

Attended Morning Prayer at All Saints with the curate, Andrew, this morning.  I was determined to get up early and have a half hour of devotion before the busy day began.  It was a lovely period of quite reflection and prayer. I spent the rest of the morning in the office and this afternoon went into Andover to bank yet more Calendar money (another £356) which has brought the total monies received up to £10,000.  Unfortunately, £2,000 or so of that will now have to be used to pay the cost of printing another 1,000 copies!  I also did a big shop at Iceland where pizzas costing $9 in The Bahamas are only £1!  I decided it would be a good idea to stock up the freezer - especially with Tom's favourite sausages.  Tonight we had House Group and completed our formal study of Hebrews but we will return to reflect upon its teaching at a future meeting.  I undertook an exercise in reflection with the group and will be requesting feedback on this and the House Group studies as a whole.  After the meeting I asked the members of the Group who were Anglicans to stay behind to discuss my assignment projects.  It looks as though I shall be choosing the topics of "Men in the Church - Why do we not attract as many men as women?" and "Should Westerners boycott goods and products from exploited people in the third world?"   

No comments:

Post a Comment