Monday, November 07, 2011

Tom's lift to school with Spire FM

The weather is turning colder and damper - a real autumnal day today.  Tom and his friend James (Doug was taken back home last night feeling unwell) were picked up by the Spire FM car and taken to school.  They received a mug and a tee shirt each.  This was a prize which Sara won on the Spire FM website - in aid of the Stars Appeal.  All three boys were meant to participate but only the two were available.  Sara was interviewed by Spire FM at the top of our drive and she appeared on the radio news on the hour every hour to tell the listeners that the Calendar had now raised £10,000 and that 1,000 further copies had been printed with a view to raising even more.  In fact, we have had to pay another £2,000 for these to be printed so we will have to hope that we can sell at least 250 more.  I went into Salisbury today to buy rail tickets for my trips to London this week and to bank a further £300 of Calendar money.  I also bought some essential stationery supplies for our company.  This afternoon I mowed the back lawn (for the last time this season hopefully) and read some law and theology in the quietness of our bedroom.  Tonight I attend the seventh of my tutorials on theological reflection which was a group exercise using the praxis or pastoral cycle approach.  I am beginning to get ideas for my assignments clear and hope to start on  these next week once this week's employment tribunal is finished.  It has taken up quite a bit of my time but, at least, it is bringing in holiday money for our next trip out to Nassau.  Sara's father skyped Sara tonight.  He has a couple of operations in hospital this week but we are confident that he'll come through both without too much trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment