Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Marooned in the office

Apart from attending Morning Prayer with Andrew at All Saints this morning, I spent the entire day in the office at home ploughing through paper and catching up on all sorts of odd bits and pieces of reading and responding to what seemed endless emails.  Right at the beginning of the day, Sara and I pulled the sofa matching armchair out of the lounge and put then up at the top of the drive for the Council to take them away.  Our new sofa and chair (brown leather to match my existing recliner chair) ahould arrive on Thursday in time for House Group.   Sara spent a good part of the day in Stockbridge having coffee and then lunch with Mary and Myrna, her mother's old friends.  This left me free to get on top of some work but, unfortunatley, my planned studying in Sarum College library didn't materialise and I was working right up to 10 p.m. with still some church papers to read in bed before I finally go to sleep.  Sara has borrowed a heavy duty carpet cleaning machine from somebody in the village who frequents the Lord Nelson pub.  She managed to clean the stairs but when she tried to use the main machine for the carepts it fused the downstairs circuit several times.  Clearly there must be a problem with the machine.  In the end the carpet cleaning exercise had to be abandoned. Richard can't take Tom to the Saints v. Brighton match on Saturday so it looks like he will miss it.  I can't go because of my commitment at Sarum College that day as I start my preaching module.  Everything seems to be crowding in on me at the moment and I seems to be fighting to keep on top of everything.  At least the Complex work has eased off a bit - I am ahead of the ga,me on that at the moment.  Tomorrow I am setting aside for studying and then attending the joint PCC's meeting at Pitton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment