Monday, November 14, 2011

Lunch together in Amesbury

A dank misty day today with the temperature never rising above 9 degrees.  After breakfast, I spent the morning in the study until I left home for a meeting of the Church's Standing Committee at the Team Office which lasted until 12 noon.  Sara then picked me up in my car and we drove to Amesbury where Sara delivered Mary's Brownie Uniform which she had sold (Mary is now finishing as a brownie due to her age - she will be 11 years old next month - how time flies!).   We looked around the factory outlet shop in the town centre before treating ourselves to a light lunch at the Harvesters in Solstice Park - grilled chicken, salad and a baked potato.  Back home, this afternoon. I did some preparation for my course session tonight which included some reading and reflection.   Tonight we engaged in some personal reflection work which included considering a piece of scripture and then, in silence, considering it and reflecting on it and trying to work it into our own lives and experiences; then re-reading it to see if we now saw anything new in it or read it from a different perspective.  I found the process quite enlightening - the piece of scripture I chose to reflect upon was Christ's reading of scripture in his local synagogue - Luke 4:14-21.  We also did a group reflection on the subject of the Kingdom of Heaven.  Sara was out at Larkhill tonight doing a Vie Party for a group of army officers' ladies.  Dawn was child minding and when I got back she stayed on for about an hour chatting over coffee.  When Sara got back Dawn had just left and Sara and I watched a little bit of TV before we finally went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment