Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stargazing with the Brownies

I went to Mid-Week Eucharist this morning - a very small congregation of just five!  It was a pleasant little group and Cynthia presided.  After lunch, Sara drove to Champney's Health Resort at Liphook where I had undertaken my retreat immediately before my selection conference for LLM.  How I envy her - such a wonderful and tranquil spot.  She has taken a lot of paperwork with her to sort out in the quiet of the resort.  Wonderful food there too!  Tom didn't get to football practice tonight as I had to give a talk to the Brownies on astronomy and we were able to do some star gazing at the back of the village hall.  Unfortunately, when I retrieved my telescope from the shed, condensation had got into the tube and so the mirror and the objective glass were wet.  I have now moved the telescope into Sara's study where it is currently drying out.  I think the evening went well although I am not sure if the older ones were really concentrating.  I was quite exhausted when I got back home.  Had a relatively quiet night tonight watching TV and went to bed relatively early.  I put some washing on too - quite a remarkable achievement worth putting in the blog!  Another busy day tomorrow - a trip to Warminster to discuss the LLM course with fellow student Ashley, and House Group in the evening.  Sara is not back until Friday afternoon so I am Mum and Dad all day tomorrow and half of Friday.  Survived the first half day, anyway!  Kids still alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment