Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Sofa and Chair Arrive

Up early this morning helping Sara prepare the lounge to receive our new leather sofa and recliner. After taking Mary to school, the tree loggers arrived to remove the front cherry tree.  I was rather saddened to see it go but also felt relief that we will not have thousands of dried leaves blown into the front porch this and future years nor traipse cherry blossom inside the hall for several weeks.  We certainly have more light at the front of the house.  Next year we will also have the hedge reduced in size.  I had my monthly training meeting with Nils at The Rectory at 10 a.m. and we sat and discussed my training requirements and examples of theological reflection.  We agreed that I would lead a service at Winterslow in the New Year - an Evening Prayer service using Common Worship and not Book of Common Prayer, liturgy.  I am looking forward to it.  After my meeting I returned home and our new sofa and chair were delivered.  They match my own existing recliner and the lounge looks really smart now.  House Group was abandoned this evening when three of my group couldn't attedn because of their involvement with Sara's Calendar, one ill, Richard in Cornwall, Sophie in Wales and one tired after a heavy day at work.  Only Dawn arrived and she stayed for coffee and watched The Vicar of Dibley with Mary and me.  After she left, Mary and I watched an hilarious "Rev".  An excllent comedy which I can really relate to as I work more closely with our local clergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment