Friday, November 25, 2011

Winterslow 1990-2010

Up early again this morning sorting out the children for school.  Took Mary to school and returned home where I did some housework and dealt with some paperwork.   The morning seemed to go incredibly quickly and Sophie called around at 11.30 a.m. with Rachel to go through my LLM assignment with me.  We sat in the kitchen whilst Rachel watched children’s TV.  Sophie took a critical look at the work I had so far done and made some suggestions as to how the essay could be structured.  I intend to get a first version completed by Sunday evening.  I made us a prawn curry for lunch and Sara returned at about 1 p.m.  Sara remarked that the house smelt like an Indian Balti House. We sat in the kitchen and the lunge chatting and watching children’s television with Rachel.  This afternoon, when Sara went out to pick up Mary from school I dozed off in the armchair for half an hour and didn’t even hear somebody at the door- must have been exhausted.  I really am a “morning person”.  This evening I attended a local history slide show in the Village Hall presented by Norman, the village’s local historian.  He was showing slides of the village and its people and events between 1990 and 2010. Very interesting but it did emphasise how, over the years, there has been so a large degree of inter marrying between families and how the same families have run events over the decades.  Sara spent the evening at Ruth’s attending a jewellery party in Firsdown.  Back home I watched an episode of Storm Chasers before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment