Friday, November 18, 2011

Studying

At the request of a villager, I hoisted the Oman flag today.  He has been working out there and wanted to see the flag flown in the village on Oman's National Day. It was Ambassadors' Breakfast Club this morning so another early start.  Following the meeting, and after delivering a letter to Anthony and filling the car up up with fuel at Waitrose,  I drove to the Park and Ride at London Road where I left my car and caught the bus back into the city.  After banking nearly another £600 of Calendar money, I went to Sarum College where I spent about four hours in the library working on my first assignment essay.  I finished the first 500-odd words and then emailed to my tutor (whom I afterwards discovered was sitting in the next library bay).  He will let me know if I am on the right track before I continue it.  I picked Mary up from school this afternoon passing Sara on the A30 as she drove into Salisbury for a hair appointment.  This evening I interviewed one of the members of our Men's Breakfast Club as part of my essay assignment.  We chose the venue of the Lion's Head and had a very interesting discussion over a pint of Exmoor winter ale.  Tonight was Children in Need Night and we sat down to watch the event.  A relatively early night as I have college all day tomorrow - the beginning of my next module - Planning and Leading Worship and Preaching and Teaching.  Looking forward to the Preaching bit which is what I really feel called to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment